Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Riffin' On A Theme...


It has been a month and some days since I was last here at Wouldn't Mind Dying so here is the update in the mostly happier aspects of my existence. I have been busy making music in the new year and must admit to hearing that all the new songs share a particular sound. Some of the recent addition to the musical diary are Blues For Remo, Slow Boat Blues, Call It Done, Play Me The Fool and All Matter Of Minor. 2011 has had me on a vague sort of swing kick and I think I've maybe got one more tune tapping this vain in me and then it's time to find a new kick. I have been playing alot more harmonica both chromatic and diatonic and both seem like old friends once I pick them up, it has been so many years. My guitar chops are not always what they could have been if I only wasn't interested in so many diverse things but I am happy that I can get what is in my head out through my fingers. I have been playing the bass but it's still a butcher on my right hand so I am going easy but I hope to make some recordings of some blues with me walking the strings...

In other realms life is a constant battle to remain in the present and not fear the future. I have not had much good news thus far in 2011 about a reversal of fortunes with my diabetes and all it's complications but I am active in my treatment. Recent diagnosis of a former Hep B infection and steatohepatitis in the present is hard news combined with worsening pain in my legs and feet but things might yet change for the better with the possible addition of a new medication. Only time will tell and it's all I've got to go with.

The new workshop space is coming along but ill health has slowed down the pace of things and barring any further general problems things should pick up in the spring. I am still moving things and slowly going through my extensive collection of wood and materials so that I can find what I want when I want it. The space is a joy to be in and I often enjoy the company of my friend Harrison while getting things sorted.

That is all for now but the future promises to create more fuel for the fire so till then...

1 comment: